Drone Pilot Training Course Malaysia
Why DJI Academy Selangor?
DJI Academy Selangor is located at Petaling Jaya (SS2), a satellite city in the state of Selangor to the west of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Our UAV training facility provides localised and customisable drone pilot training course. We are backed by Drones Kaki, a renowned drone specialist and one of the largest DJI Enterprise authorised dealer in Malaysia.
UAS Pilot Training
This includes an overview of DJI’s latest UAS solutions, flight operation, mission workflow, flight safety knowledge, maintenance operations, and more.
Compared to traditional photography, aerial photography course provides more angles from which creators can capture the world. Taught by aerial photography instructors.
UASs equipped with infrared or zoom cameras are excellent alternatives to manual inspection, especially on long-distance and potentially dangerous inspection missions.
All trainees will be required to take the standard testing after the training course, including theory exam and practice test. UTC Certificate will be issued for those who pass the testing, as a recognition of related UAS operation and application ability.
- After registering for this drone training course, the campus you selected will contact you to confirm your registration and guide you through the steps to pay for the drone training course. You can also contact the campus through the contact information listed.
- Once you have paid for the drone training course, you can start the training.
- This drone training course includes theory and practical content. Once paid for, returns and refunds are not accepted.
- Once you have completed onsite training, passed the final theory exam, and passed the practice test, you will be presented with a UTC certificate.
DRONE TRAINING MALAYSIA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Is it a must to have a drone license?
A drone license is not required for recreational drone use. However, if you are flying a drone that weighs more than 20kg you must hold a private pilot license and obtain a permit for every flight you intend to operate.
2. Do I need to register my drone?
Small unmanned aircraft and small unmanned surveillance are not required to be registered. The unmanned aircraft system of more than 20kg is required to be registered.
3. Do I need drone insurance?
Based on Drone Academy Malaysia point of view, drones are quite safe but accidents can happen. Depending on your need, there is Liability Insurance that will cover any damage caused by your drone.
4. Do I need a permit to fly a drone?
A drone permit is not required for recreational drone use. However, if you are flying a drone that weighs more than 20kg you must hold a private pilot license and obtain a permit for every flight you intend to operate.
5. I saw people flying their drone in a wide area, but what are the specific locations that I'm not supposed to fly my drone?
Based on our experience, you are not allowed to fly your drone at the zone stated below, unless permit from CAAM is granted:
- in Class A, B, C or G airspace
- within an aerodrome traffic zone
- at the height of more than 400 feet above the surface of the earth
6. How long does it take for DJI Academy Malaysia candidates to learn how to fly a drone?
That depends on your pre-existing skills, and the type of multirotor you want to fly. Here in DJI Academy, as the other answer states, most drones sold by DJI can be flown by a complete beginner in around 5 minutes of flight time.
7. Based on the courses that DJI Academy offered, which course should I start with?
You can start with the UAS Pilot Training course. The course includes an overview of the DJI commercial UAS ecosystem, the latest drone technology, the DJI Pilot app, general flight safety knowledge and maintenance operations.
8. As the top Drone Academy Malaysia, do you offer certificates of completion?
Yes, A DJI Academy (UTC) certificate will be issued to those who pass the test, as a recognition of UAS application competence.
Learn, Fly and be DJI Certified!
Please fill-up the form and we shall get back to you with course information and quotation.